Eat, Drink and Be Merry
It’s that time of the year when just about every restaurant in town is serving up a Yuletide feast. We pick those you should make a beeline for.
1. Head to Raffles Grill at Raffles Hotel for a five-course Christmas Eve dinner ($298). Savour creations from executive sous chef Mickael Le Calvez such as Gillardeau Oysters and Ravioli filled with Langoustine and Ceps. Their five-course set lunch on Christmas Day ($218) offers specialities such as the Dover Sole with Salsify, Black Mushroom, Lardo Di Colonnata and Sprouts in a Champagne Reduction.
1 Beach Rd. Tel: 6A12 1816
2. Seasonal Tastes at The Westin Singapore offers a comprehensive buffet menu for Christmas Eve dinner, Christmas Day brunch and Christmas Day dinner (all from $148). Look forward to Christmas favourites such as House-brined Maple-glazed Ham, Apple Honey-glazed Turkey and Chestnut Stuffing; seafood such as Nova Scotia lobster and snow crabs; and desserts such as the Chocolate Indulgence Yule Log.
12 Marina View, Asia Square Tower 2.
Tel: 6922 6968
3. From 24 to 27 December, tuck into festive favourites like the Pineapple Honey-glazed Ham, Roasted Stuffed Turkey with Champagne Dill Sauce at Triple Three, Mandarin Orchard Singapore's Christmas lunch and dinner buffets (from $88 and $118 respectively).
333 Orchard Rd. Tel: 6831 6271
4. Over at Singapore Sentosa Resort & Spa's Kwee Zeen, executive chef Eric Crochetiere serves up a Christmas Eve buffet (from $168) and Christmas Day brunch buffet (from $198) with highlights such as the Boston Lobster with Singapore Chilli Hollandaise Sauce. Also feast on Christmas staples such as the Turkey with Bread Stuffing, Giblet and Cranberry Sauce, and enjoy a French traditional Crepe Suzette.
BukitManis Road. Tel: 6708 8310
5. Head to Cafe Mosaic, Carlton Hotel for sumptuous buffets for Christmas Eve dinner ($98), Christmas Day Lunch ($88) or Christmas Day Dinner ($98). Highlights include a seafood spread of rock lobsters, oysters and tiger prawns; mains like the Braised Tender Beef Cheek with Smoky Fruity BBO Sauce; and carving station favourites such as the Roasted Prime Rib with Old Wine Shallot Wine Sauce.
76 Bras Basah Road. Tel: 6311 8195
6. The Carvery at Park Hotel Alexandra rings in the Christmas season with treats to satisfy a carnivore. If Coffee-Roasted Baby Back Ribs or Lamb Leg with Herbs de Provence don't quite meet your fancy, there is always the Spiced Orange Roasted Duck or the Traditional Roasted Tom Turkey with Stuffing. Christmas Eve dinner buffets start from $88 while Christmas Day brunch and dinner buffets are priced from $78.
323 Alexandra Road. Tel: 6828 8880
7. Carousel at Royal Plaza on Scotts offers a Christmas Eve dinner buffet ($92) or the Christmas Day dinner ($83) featuring an array of seafood such as Atlantic salmon, boiled Maine lobsters. Fine de Claire oysters and Alaskan king crabs, or mains such as the Torchon Beef Cheek, Pan-fried Fillet of Cod and Paella de Marisco Tradicional.
25 Scotts Rd. Tel: 6737 7966
8. New head culinary designer chef Trevor Paulo of gastro bar Xperience at Sofitel So Singapore presents a four-course Christmas Eve dinner (starting at $88) and a Christmas Day buffet lunch (starting at $128). Look forward to rustic dishes such as Whole Suckling Pig stuffed with Chorizo and Breadcrumbs and as a special treat—the Hay Roasted Savel Chicken individually carved and presented at your table.
35 Robinson Road. Tel: 6701 6800
9. Head to mezza9 at the Grand Hyatt for Christmas Eve dinner (from $138) and Christmas Day brunch (from $188) with menus featuring special treats such as Truffle Salami and an 18-hour Slow-braised Venison Stew with Girolle Mushrooms and Pancetta. Also savour Asian delights like the Thai-style Chicken Thigh with Honey and Pandan.
10 Scotts Road. Tel: 6732 1234
10. Enjoy an Italian four- or five-course Christmas Day dinner set menu ($108 or $138) at Dolce Vita, Mandarin Oriental Singapore, specially created by chef de cuisine Omar Bernardi. Tuck into dishes like the Foie Gras Tortellini with Double-boiled Capon Consomme and the Glazed Pigeon Breast and Pigeon Bonbon Leg with Chestnuts and Wine Sauce.
5 Raffles Avenue. Tel: 6885 3500
11. This Christmas Eve, celebrate with a glass of Krug and an eight-course degustation menu at JAAN at Swissotel the Stamford ($358). Chef de cuisine Kirk Westaway presents seasonal dishes such as the Majestic Irish Oyster with Artichoke and Oscietra Caviar and the Roasted Challans Duck with Italian Fig.
Equinox Complex, 2 Stamford Road.
12. Enjoy a six-course set dinner on Christmas Eve ($198) at Cordon Grill, Goodwood Park Hotel. Courses such as the Roasted Jumbo Ouail and Duck Foie Gras with Apple, Walnut and Raspberry Dressing and the Australian Wagyu Beef Striploin and Braised Cheek with Root Vegetables and Red Wine Sauce will whet your appetite. Or pick a buffet brunch on Christmas Day ($158) featuring Christmas meats such as the Roasted Turkey with Chestnut Stuffing, Cranberry Jam and Giblet Gravy.
22 Scotts Rd. Tel: 6730 1744
13. From 14 to 31 December, enjoy a Christmas buffet dinner at Ellenborough Market Cafe, Swissotel Merchant Court ($68). The delectable spread includes offerings such as Turkey Buah Keluak, Sambal Sotong, Lobster Bisque, Red Wine Lamb Stew and a Cranberry Chocolate Fountain.
20 Merchant Rd. Tel: 6239 1848
14. Enjoy a modern Asian berry-A"frthemed Christmas Eve ($60) and Christmas Day ($55) dinner buffet at Flavours at Zhongshan Park, Ramada Singapore. Look forward to dishes like the Slow-baked Turkey and Berries with Char Siew Glaze and Honey-glazed Pork Belly with Longans and Strawberries.
16 Ah Hood Rd. Tel: 6808 6846
15. Throughout Christmas Day (first and third seating from $108; second seating from $118), Halia's buffet spread will include carvery station delights such as Slow-cooked Angus Beef Tenderloin and the Javanese-spiced Australian Lamb Rack. Available just for the festive season—special tipples such as Mulled Wine Sangria ($20) made with Aguaribay Malbec, vodka, rum, homemade ginger lemonade, star anise, clove, cinnamon, cardamom, brown sugar and fresh fruits.
1 Quny Road, Singapore Botanical Gardens. Tel: 8444 1148
16. Enjoy a memorable Christmas Eve Obuffet dinner ($75) at Shutters, Amara Sanctuary Resort Sentosa with Christmas goodies such as the Turkey Roulade with Chestnut Stuffing and Cranberry Sauce. Or opt for a delectable three-course Christmas Day dinner ($55) with a choice of dishes such as the Proscuitto Wrapped Turkey Roulade and the Slow-roasted Prime Beef Short Ribs with Garlic Confit, Baby Spinach and Root Vegetables Ragout.
1 Larkhill Road, Sentosa Island.
Tel: 6825 3866
17. Celebrate Christmas at the Plaza Brasserie, PARKROYAL on Beach Road with Christmas Eve dinner ($90) and Christmas Day lunch or dinner ($70) buffets. Apart from the tasty stuffed roasted turkeys, don't forget to check out the Sauteed Clams in White Wine, Wok-fried Tiger Prawns with Nonya Chilli and Roast Pork Belly.
7500 Beach Road. Tel: 6505 5666